Subject: [Leica] 50 mm Summicron (19530
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 10:10:07 -0500

Agree. The old first edition 50 mm Summicron is an under appreciated jewel.
It is sharper than many of its successors and today its one failing, low
contrast, is easily compensated by the turn of a dial. Besides, when you
collapse it, you can slip your Leica into a large sized pocket.
Larry Z
Nathan writes:
A few months ago I bought myself a 1953-vintage collapsible 50mm Summicron.
I have a 50mm Summilux from the late 1960s or early 1970s, and I have owned
more modern Leica 50mm in the past. I have to say that at least at this
focal length, the lens designers back in the day certainly knew what they
were doing. I love my two old lenses.

Replies: Reply from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] 50 mm Summicron (19530)