Subject: [Leica] OT: Lightroom Workflow Help
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 21:00:28 -0800

I?m pondering your problem, Bob, and the more I play with it the more I?m
unsure how to solve it.

What you?re doing is just about the opposite of my own workflow which is to
import the camera?s memory card to my laptop with a catalog created for the
project I?m working on. I message the images as appropriate (keywords,
adjustments, ratings, etc) and then I export the catalog with images etc. It
makes a folder with the catalog and photos. Then I copy that over the
network to my desktop system and import from catalog onto the desktop
system.

For data security I have an application that copies my laptop data to an
external drive and I don?t erase the camera?s memory card until the images
are stored on two separate devices and maybe until the images have been
moved to my desktop system where they are duplicated on two different RAIDs
(a Pegasus and a Drobo). The good stuff gets moved up to off-site archival
storage on Amazon?s ?Glacier? .

It?s not clear from my playing, that it?s possible to do what you?re wanting
to do - but I?ll keep playing. I understand, I think, why you?re doing it
the way you are, but it?s not quite as envisioned.

Adam

Message from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] OT: Lightroom Workflow Help)