Subject: [Leica] Lightroom workflow help not off topic
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 05:57:13 +1000

Hi Bob. I think that the feature you are looking for is  "Smart Previews"
When you import your copies or conversions to DNG to the parent computer,
you  enable that function and it will build smaller versions of the files
with sufficient information to let you edit on another machine. Then the
edit settings are applied (non-destructively) to the originals when you
import those smart previews back from the second machine.

on the metadata location, by default I think LR will write that into the
originals, except for proprietary raw formats. Non-desstructive process
again of course as always.
If you want separate side car files you will need to specify that in the
preferences. DNG files do not use side car files though

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] Lightroom workflow help not off topic)