Subject: [Leica] Side by side comparison: Summilux vs LTM Canon Serenar
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug)
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 12:32:08 -0500

I?ve been agonizing lately that I may need to upgrade my 1950?s vintage
Canon Serenar which has been my 50mm ever since I got my first Leica in
1999. Jim Shulman took pity on me and brought his 1990?s vintage Summilux
over and I did a side by side. I discovered that the colors rendition is
different, the Serenar is redder/majentier and of course the Summilux
focuses more closely and it seems to have slightly more resolving power, or
I just focused not as accurately with one. The bokeh is different but not so
different that I care too much.

Side by side?s & my thoughts about the two here, along with some 100% crops

http://kylecassidy.livejournal.com/804209.html
<http://kylecassidy.livejournal.com/804209.html>

kyle

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Side by side comparison: Summilux vs LTM Canon Serenar)