Subject: [Leica] Old Friensd
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 18:28:47 -0800

At my age, life sometimes seems really weird. When I was a graduate student,
circa 1944, my wife and I lived in student housing consisting of a two-room
oil-heated shack. We adopted a kitten that we found on our windowsill.
Across from us lived another couple, the man a law student. We got to know
them when we accused them (jokingly) of stealing our cat, who was spending
as much time in their house as in ours.

We eventually became close friends, staying in touch during the years, and
frequently traveling from where we were living (Washington DC, Chicago) to
their home in West Virginia and later near Indianapolis.

Eventually, they had a child. We saw him as a little kid, but missed his
adolescence and early adulthood because of our eight-year stay in England.

Well, the guy in the picture is the little kid, who is now an emergency-room
physician and who has two daughters in medical school. The lady is, of
course, his wife.  His mother is still alive; his father died a few years
ago. He, his wife, and his mother visited us for a few days last week.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1003942-2_001.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1003942-2_001.jpg.html>
Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org