Subject: [Leica] IMG: From the Hip
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 00:52:45 -0000

Tonight was the camera club night and the competition was Street from the
Hip. This proved difficult as you can't see what you take, and, due to
pressure of time, I could only do it for about 15 mins this morning. This
was my entry which I took outside the Dail (Irish Parliament) entrance
before I went into the adjoining National Library to research the time my
grandfather's car was machinegunned in 1933. I spotted this well known Irish
lensman and it turned out ok when I looked later.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/DublinStreet+11_11_2014_TomBurke.jpg.html

Most of the previous shots were terrible, too much sky, headless subjects,
etc., and it turned out everyone in the club had the same problem. So I won
with this not great shot!

This is a little bit about Tom Burke
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/veteran-irish-independent-photographer-tom-burke-vividly-remembers-the-1970-visit-of-president-richard-m-nixon-26734473.html

Douglas