Subject: [Leica] would you prefer a digital m with a manual shutter winder?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 09:57:00 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

kyle cassidy wrote:

The M9, i?ve noticed, is pretty darn noisy while cocking the shutter and,
also, pretty dang slow. Which makes me wonder why they didn?t just leave the
thumb advance on there and let me wind it myself.
<<<

With the R8/DMR I like the option of pulling the winding lever out to the
'ready' position for quiet mode / thumb advance or leaving it flush with the
body for automatic.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com