Subject: [Leica] High Res M9 Portrait (how sharp is sharp enough?)
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the LUG)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:00:12 -0400

In reading lens reviews I?ll often see something like ?this portrait lens
really starts to shine at f5.6? and I think ?f5.6? who in their right mind
would ever stop down to f5.6 with a portrait lens? Open it up all the way
and solder down the aperture ring." But then occasionally I think ?eek, my
DOF is a little narrow there? and I resign myself to the possibility that,
occasionally, f4 is warranted if you want to get both the lion and the
gazelle in focus.

Not that I?ll likely ever do it, but I?ll accept it may be true.

Here?s a high res portrait that may or may not be sharp enough.

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2014/stars-flower-high-res.jpg

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] High Res M9 Portrait (how sharp is sharp enough?))
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] High Res M9 Portrait (how sharp is sharp enough?))