Subject: [Leica] Leica] VSCO Film - and Replichrome as well
From: mitcha at mac.com (mitcha at mac.com)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 13:50:11 +0200

Philippe,

Thanks for looking at the pictures, but I completely disagree with you: most
of these pictures were taken on dark nights without either moonlight or
street lights. The intensity of light falls off in inverse proportion to the
square of the distance, and I feel that lifting what you call the "blocked
shadows" would make the pictures look like stills from a surveillance video.
As for the ?losing the guy on the left hand side? of the first picture - -
no way, he, together with the light coming through the umbrellas, in my
view, makes the picture. Also, the tilt of the last picture (taken with a
21mm lens) is intentional). For me, leveling the picture would ruin the
dynamics of the photo.

- - Mitch