Subject: [Leica] More photos for sale
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 23:10:13 -0600

Lew Schwartz wrote:

Weston Master Set
<
http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/2014/edward-weston-photographs-n09201.html?cmp=email_N09201_0914_2_CATexample1_event_hero

A complete, 548 prints, Weston's "Master Set," chosen by him & Cole.
Printed by Cole. On view for a few days before it goes to the block. It
seems they're selling it as a single lot.

Interesting.  I have three prints from that series -- a nude, a pepper, and
a landscape. My wife bought them in the mid 70s for less than $300 each.
 Now they're valued somewhere in the low to mid 4-figures, according to a
local dealer, but you also have to figure in the inflation.  Whatever the
value, they sure look good on the wall!

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE