Subject: [Leica] Lei-ko R lens to S body adapter ring
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:00:16 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

John McMaster

It is interesting to see how large an image circle most of the R lenses
have, I sent Doug some links to the Mamiya 300mm f2.8 APO on the S2 a while
back ;-)
<<<

Charlie Chan wrote:

Doug Herr, of course, is interested, as he is, like me, one of the last few
remaining DMR shooters. Hence I have corresponded with him as well, off list.
<<<

It should be noted that from my bank's perspective my involvement in this
discussion is purely academic but who knows, at one time the DMR was an
impossible dream.

My requirements for a DMR replacement include

) can use 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R & 1.4x APO-Extender-R (2x APO would be a
bonus)
) outstanding viewfinder
) responsive shutter release
) DMR-like image quality with more pixels
) replacement batteries can be sourced without resorting to bribery and/or
skullduggery

The S2 / S type 006 fit all these criteria with the added very handy feature
of smart adapters for Contax 645 and Hasselblad H lenses (also adapters for
Mamiya lenses as John has noted, and other brands).  Still trying to work
out that bank problem.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com