Subject: [Leica] Re; Apples and Androids
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 06:35:13 -0700

To save you some time....

To get images into the IPad from your computer, you MUST use iTunes.  You
open a folder on your computer that has the relevant images.  You click on
the images and then mouse-move them over to the iTunes relevant area.  Then
hook up your iPad and synch up the images.

You can NOT copy/paste them to the iTunes area, it will not work.   You must
mouse-move them over.

It took me an unbelievable time to find this out.   ( as far as I can tell,
this procedure is not written anywhere by Apple.)

If you view or edit any photos, you are doing it to the JPG image or the
embedded JPG in a RAW image file.

I shoot only RAW images, so I have never tried to download a memory card
image directly to the iPad.  I do not know that procedure.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] Re; Apples and Androids)
Message from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Re; Apples and Androids)