Subject: [Leica] Great Sand Dunes National Park
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 09:56:01 -0600

Thanks for the compliments, Bob. It is indeed well worth the visit. We did
not visit the north side; I?ll have a look at the map and see if we missed
something accessible by vehicle.

There was significant water in Medano Creek, which is at its peak in the
spring melt season. I?ve added a photo:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/dunes/DSC02788.jpg.html

As for a winter visit, I?d have a look at the park website. The park?s base
elevation is 8200? and the summer temperatures mild. In winter I?d expect
fairly harsh conditions, on the way to it if not there, especially if you?re
towing.

?howard

Message from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] Great Sand Dunes National Park)