Subject: [Leica] Adventures in photographing portrait in coffee shop...
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 19:17:02 -0700

As part of my Transformation:Cosplay project, I finally got an informal
photo of Sarah. I have put the two images together, like this:

http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20140520-Scanned-410.jpg

Bob Adler and other Palo Altonians know exactly where this is. She came by
on a Sunday and I was trying to figure out where to photograph her in a
simulated "work environment." Then my light bulb came on, being in the
Silicon Valley, a coffee shop is indeed the perfect place, and this coffee
shop closes on Sundays AND they have an outdoor sitting area. Perfect.

So I dragged my light and the 4x5 down. There was a good number of people
there but luckily they all sat in one side of the space. The light had to
be put on the sidewalk so my wife was "woman-ing" it so people would not
trip over it.

While I was mucking around, an old guy came by and started photographing me
with his digicam, So I chatted with him a bit. He used to use a 4x5 eons
ago. He's quite happy that people still use the stuff.

The lens is the 100 years old Taylor Taylor & Hobson 7" Cooke. It has this
fantastic quality great for portraiture. I just got an 8 /12" TTH Cooke.
Will see how that one works.

The left side of the image is a character named Rocket from the movie
Sucker Punch. Taken the with Nikkor 300mm. Both are shot on Provia 100F.
Amazing how the two lens have different color feels.

--
// http://facebook.com/richardmanphoto