Subject: [Leica] Last opportunity to be part of your 2014 yearbook
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 09:29:24 +1000

I did not want to nag and your yearbook's content will be determined by who
chooses to take part. Nevertheless, I don't want anyone to be able to think
afterwards, "oh well I was going to take part but I didn't get reminded
(again and again!) ".

Dr Ted and whichever other enforcers, feel free to nag the list if you want.

I have been accepting contributions for six weeks and there is one week
remaining. I expected that the rate of contributions would increase in the
last week or two.  Not so far. We are at less than half the number of
contributors that Jim achieved last year currently.

If you would like to be part of this book which already contains some very
interesting and high quality images, you have one week left to do so. I
cannot include anything sent after 20 December. Everyone who sends images
gets back a layout proof for your approval. It costs you nothing to take
part and there is no obligation to purchase at any time should you not want
to do that.
After the completed book is checked and submitted and Blurb tells me that
it is all good, all copies of your images sent to me, including on the mail
servers will be deleted by me to respect your copyright. No copies of
anyone's images have been shared by me with any other party. Your images of
course will still exist in the bookfile on Blurb's servers.

If you want to be in this, just send two JPG images about 2000 to 3000
pixels on the long side ideally and file sizes of at least 1MB. Most people
are sending files around 3 or 5MB. More than that is a waste and the Blurb
software will just not use all of the file information.
Also a single caption please with your name and optionally image titles, a
very short comment or equipment details if you like.
The address to send to again is hopsternew at icloud. You may alternatively
use Dropbox if you wish.
Here is the FAQ once more:
http://leica-users.org/LUG-yearbook.html

Cheers