Subject: [Leica] IMG: Brian Farrell
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 12:24:34 -0000

This morning, I was very saddened to hear of the death of my former
neighbour Brian Farrell. A thoroughly decent and pleasant man, he was a joy
to be with.

Aside from this, Brian bestrode the Irish political media like a colossus.
He was an eminent political scientist, professor in UCD, presented both
radio and tv political analysis programmes, and commentated on all the key
political events on RTE including debates, US presidential visits, etc. The
Irish media will be filled with appreciations over the coming few days.

Here's a picture of him from five years ago. I took it while having coffee
with him and his wife at a cafe on Bray Seafront
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/portraits/brianofarrell-1a.jpg.html

Rest in peace Brian.

Douglas
_________