Subject: [Leica] X100S Kaput
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:24:48 -0700

Despite all the advantages of digital cameras over film, one must remember
that the damn things are in part computers.

My brand new X100S has gone crazy and must be sent in to Fujifilm (a
contradiction in terms) for warranty repair. It has just gone nuts. I can?t
step through the menus; it skips various ones. I can?t toggle between EVF
and OVF. I can?t re-install the firmware. When I put in an SD containing the
firmware and execute the procedure, it announces in Jinglish: ?New firmware
not be found turn off the camera?.

Herb

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org