Subject: [Leica] Leica prices
From: douglasnygren at yahoo.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 21:05:11 -0400

Leica prices reflect what the market will bear. No better example is there
than the Monochrom.

What is surprising to me is that no company has made a similar dedicated
black and white camera and marketed it for 1/4th to 1/2 of Leica's list
price. Hello Sony And Fuji.

We had a good Discussion Last week about how Fuji and other cameras set to
black and white produce only jpegs with 2/3 less data. Why don't they step
up and offer an affordable alternative?

Would seem to me Leica can be undersold by companies that offer autofocus.
The gain to do so must be too small.

Cheers--Doug
Sent from my iPhone

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Leica prices)