Subject: [Leica] High prices for veggies
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 15:33:55 -0400 (EDT)

Nathan writes,
"I have been doing my harvesting at Wegmans the past couple of weeks ;-)

Seriously: I find the price of basic produce (bread, veggies, fruit)
very high here in western NY. About double of what the same things cost
in Spain. But of course, there we don?t have ?everything? bagels :-)"

Wegmans, while a very large and well stocked store, tends to have
higher prices than many of its competitors. It is only a small notch
below Whole Foods in terms of natural and organic products. I shop at
Wegmans myself, especially for all the less healthy and more appetizing
stuff. It is very much like the Tesco chain in the UK except Wegmans is
doing better financially. As far as a food price comparison to Spain
goes, the average income of a Wegmans shopper is fairly high so the
food may be considerably cheaper in terms of the necessary time worked
to buy the item.

Yes Wegmans has bagels but they are not the dense, tooth destroying
viands found in Brooklyn. Those are REAL BAGELS! The dentist's best
friend.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] High prices for veggies)