Subject: [Leica] Your opinions please
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 14:59:47 +0200

Thank to all of you my friends for your opinions, I think too that the V7000
and LR5 processing is better, I would like do some more test with V700 and
Vuescan because with it I can do DNG files. I?m also surprised seeing such
differences in scanning quality, I have also tested with Silverfast but not
showed in my opinion the two I?ve show was the best.

In my opinion the main problem is due to a change in film, actual Tri X is
not more the same, emulsion and support has been changed. For me the prove
is that when I scan my old films with Plustek and either Capture One or LR5
I have no problem and I obtain good scans. I?ve had a talk with the Lab and
the films I?ve delivered them will be developed in X-TOL too but at a higher
dilution. Of course I think that the development has an influence and as
some of you have pointed out for scanning it is better work with low
contrast negatives, but I would like show you my old negatives developed by
me, really contrasted...

I will continue testing and hoping I get back soon my M9 and can sell the MP
to afford an MM?!

Well? ditto? THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL MY FRIENDS

It is so nice have so nice friends!!!

Cheers
Lluis

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Your opinions please)