Subject: [Leica] Tina's llama
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:26:59 -0400 (EDT)

Tina,
I like your llama picture. It is almost soulful. Here are my own llama
record shots taken with a Leica CL in 1984. We never had such strange
animals on the midwest farm on which I was raised.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Llama+profile_001.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Llama+ranch_001.jpg.html
During the 80s my daughter and son-in-law invested in a llama breeding
ranch in British Columbia. The pictures were taken on their ranch. They
wanted to raise llamas not for fur or food but because they make
admirable pack animals for wilderness hikers. Llamas carry a reasonable
load and walk at a nice strolling pace. Unfortunately they spit - a
lot. Eventually my kids sold their share in the ranch at a modest
profit and left the livestock business.
Larry Z