Subject: [Leica] IMG: Dune View
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 00:45:53 +0000
References: <CAAsXt4MK=pHAuUdKQcpZO5_7Y00o6RWk8iEn8=0uVyZ+d5yTVg@mail.gmail.com> <CAF8hL-EOK7P7XWsCi49DVzyHWUixgWfW_b5fCdTa1u8bsL=3JQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAAsXt4NEpY7brVkxG7b9jHFS8fvJCDpe_y7bCfaSw3yF2B+yFA@mail.gmail.com> <F0518784-CDA2-4042-AA85-577F7268A274@icloud.com> <5179DBEF-E233-4948-BD29-864BEFCF7EAE@gmail.com> <4CF1B0DA-8CE6-4B2D-8621-30EF141D9C99@icloud.com>, <CAF8hL-H1oNN20yRw51fZsf-QV63sG8b+TjG85kW459GwbAR1JQ@mail.gmail.com>

54mm x 40mm, nearly twice the size of an S2!!

john
 on behalf of Richard Man [richard at richardmanphoto.com]

George, remember that the "full frame" digital medium back is still "only"
about 48mmx33mm (may be slightly larger). Ground glass generally is not
sufficient for the critical focusing accuracy that the digital sensors
require. Diffraction set in at about F16 or so for most lens for that
format and the massive resolution is unforgiving to focusing error.

Message from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] IMG: Dune View)
Message from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] IMG: Dune View)
Message from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Dune View)
Message from rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] IMG: Dune View)