Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Leitz 350 mm Telyt-R on Leica M
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 14:53:59 -0500

On Jul 12, 2014, at 1:05 PM, Sonny Carter wrote:

> So nice to be able to have lens behave the way it was designed for.
> Lovely.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Jul 12, 2014, at 8:13 AM, George Lottermoser <george.imagist at
>> icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> c & c always welcome and appreciated
>>
>> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=8871>

It truly is Sonny.
I'm finding the M a truly enchanting piece of gear;
putting new life into my aging Leica kit.

Today I took the old 15mm Super Elmar out for a test drive.
This was the other lens that drove me crazy.

I loved both the 350 and the 15 with film - their shortcomings were mostly
unnoticed on film;
though amplified with dire precision on the DMR.

Even with the crop factor of the DMR the 15 had horrible "smeary" edges and
corners.

So far the M sensor with its micro lenses seems to have made it useable
again;
even full frame.

I'll be posting samples in the next 24 hours or so.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog