Subject: [Leica] flickr: non-members can't see photos?
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 18:40:31 -0700

Doug, thanks, I think you may have the answer.  flickr likes you to have
the most current browser versions, because it is constantly messing with
its user interface. At my old workplace we had to use Internet Explorer
8 for all company stuff. flickr stopped working when they "improved"
their user interface the first time. Luckily I could also use Chrome,
which did work.

It's possible that the people having issues with flickr are using older
versions of their browser.  It's also possible that their email client
is not dealing with the embedded at-sign in flickr links (which is dumb,
but it's how they do things).  The links can be mangled because they are
misinterpreted as email addresses, or truncated for security reasons.

The browser world is getting more Babel-ish lately. I noticed that
Javascript and Java things (like picture links on Rangefinderforum, or
the Upload Applet at gallery.leica-users.org are breaking now. Sometimes
specifically enabling Java(script) for a particular site or "zone"
restores the function, and sometimes not. Life in the 21st century.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] flickr: non-members can't see photos?)
Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] flickr: non-members can't see photos?)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] flickr: non-members can't see photos?)