Subject: [Leica] Color or B&W
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 16:03:51 -0400

The green in the background of the color shoot looks odd like it was put in
as a separate color in an offset printing run. I think they call it a spot
color. Down spot down!
The monochrome certainly packs some added weight as you'd expect but its an
unfair comparison with the color looking not quite right. It almost looks
hand colored and like a very early color National Geographic which I think
was hand colored.
But I think even if the color was able to be fixed perfectly the black and
white on a shot like this is vastly preferred.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer