Subject: [Leica] Josef Koudelka Exhibition in Chicago
From: filippiniaia at hotmail.com (Matthew B. Filippini)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 14:36:39 -0500

Hi all,

Magnum photographer Josef Koudelka is currently on exhibit at the Art
Institute of Chicago. "Josef Koudelka: Nationality Doubtful" runs through
September 14, 2014.

<http://www.artic.edu/exhibition/josef-koudelka-nationality-doubtful>

I'll be going next week with a colleague of mine, who has already seen it
twice, including the opening where he spoke to Mr. Koudelka. ?Koudelka
mentioned shooting digital panoramas with a Leica.

According to this article, Leica modified an S2 for him, for panoramic
output (masking the sensor and viewfinder?):
?
<http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/20/josef-koudelka-a-restless-eye/>

"I was using this Fuji panoramic ? but the problem was everyone stopped
developing the film. You can?t get 220 film anymore and you needed to carry
about 35 kilograms extra. I went to Leica and they did one camera for me
that was digital panoramic, which is this S2 camera, and they make two lines
and set it on black and white. I made four trips with it together with the
film camera. In the last two trips I realized I was taking more pictures
with this Leica and I am enjoying it more. The result is very comparable.
The lens was exactly the same."?

Matt

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Josef Koudelka Exhibition in Chicago)