Subject: [Leica] IMG: Important Call!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 21:11:12 -0700

Tina Manley OFFERED:

> Another motorbike, seen passing by:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/156193957

 Hi Tina,
One of the most obvious scenes in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia a few years back
while attending the COMMONWEALTH GAMES of the old British Empire. The
appearance at every stop light appeared to be several thousand,? Well OK
really? Hundreds of  motor cycles / bikes either going in different
direction or waiting for the light to change for the next huge "BLAST-OFF"

Much like a race start line of unimaginable number of bikes each time! The
scene was always like the start of the  next "ORGAN DONORS OF HUMAN
BEINGS!!!" :-) One could ever imagine! I figured with all these thousands
and thousands of motor bikes, KL had to be the world capital for organ
donors. Daily!

One day I was a passenger in tandem, a tad wild but within moments all felt
quite safe. Although there were a couple of scary moments before we returned
to the Games HQ. However the Headman of Operations whom I was his adviser
was livid the young lad had taken me out on his bike. Quite frankly the lad
near got fired for doing so. I offered I wasn't the least bit scared........
"I lied about a couple of moments?" ;-) But given the number of wild and
crazy bike riders........... well Ok it seemed that way?........ The
availability of new organs must be enormous every day!

Hey and I'm an old Harley rider ex-Military Police convoy directions and
traffic control! And as a civilian after the war was over when I bought a
brand new "Harley 45" War Surplus for $125.00 dollars still in the crate.
All you had to do was prepare them for a "Civilian Life" on the streets of
Toronto, Canada! Aaaaaaahhhhhhh those were the days of a youthful wild and
crazy life! ;-)

cheers,
ted