Subject: [Leica] Male Rufous with new lens
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 06:30:02 -0700

Hi Gene,
Thanks for looking and commenting. My hummingbird friends are on a feeding
cycle which includes both early morning and early evening photo ops. As you
deduced the light isn't very bright so I end up with ISO 6400 - which the
D800E handles very well - and then have to choose between closing down for a
bit more sharpness or shooting wide open and keeping up the shutter speed -
in this case already down to 1/400 - to try to limit wing blur. So it is
always a compromise.
I agree the 80 - 400 is quite a sharp lens and in my experience certainly a
step up from the 300 f4.0 with convertor. I hope to get more pictures that
prove the point.
Cheers
Howard