Subject: [Leica] Violins, lenses and cameras
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 10:48:07 -0700

I remember that article....double blind test, modern won out handily.  What
I did not see is whether any of the professional musicians involved sold off
their Strads ( or other ) to use the modern violins......

Sound matters, but so does the "glitz"/intimidation/perception factor......

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

I remember reading recently about a blind test where modern, mass produced
violins were at least on par if not better than Stradivarius--the test
subjects were professional musicians, not just casual listeners.

Cheers,
Nathan

Replies: Reply from john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel) ([Leica] Violins, lenses and cameras)
Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Violins, lenses and cameras)