Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tricycle Transport
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 09:56:55 -0700

My reaction: your initial frame is spot on so don?t crop it at all.

Why?

There?s a sense of motion in this photo. The lone trike looks like a goal,
removing it takes away an element of the image.

The sky sets time of day and tells us something about why the light is the
way it is.

The reflections on the beach juxtapose with the sky, modulating and
translating it.

And, of course, the people at work give the image a definite purpose and a
need for the motion I wrote about above.

Personally, and in the best of all worlds, that little anchored boat about
the lone trike could be removed. I?d have a hand at doing it in Photoshop to
see if it makes for a better composition. It?s the one thing that takes my
eye away from the flow of the image.

I really like this one. Good work. Hope you had a great dinner and the heat
wave is subsiding!

Adam