Subject: [Leica] APO Summicron 50mm f2 ASPH lens....
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 19:42:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Richard Man wrote:

>No experience of course, but using an M240 (or any Leica really) with a
>50/2 Summicron or the 50/1.4 ASPH is already like driving a $130,000
>Maserati on 205 to Yosemite - on the straight away, it goes really fast but
>stuck in Manteca? Not so much. On the Valley floor? Practically obscene.

You have to know how and where to use it.  Greely Hill Road from Hwy 49
(Coulterville) to Hwy 120 for example.  Hwy 49's not bad either :)

On this road I once spotted in the rear view mirror of my diesel pickup a
bright red Ferrari; I took the very first available turnout (I may have made
one up), I was NOT going to spoil their fun.

I'm sure there's an analogy for the 50 'cron APO ASPH.  Stuck in Manteca in
the Maserati is like using the 50 'cron AA to photograph your cat.  Manteca
has its highlights, I think it's the DQ.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com