Subject: [Leica] IMG: Box Office
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 23:50:13 +0100

Not much Gaiety here. Two homeless people sleep in a double bed made of
boxes outside the Gaiety Theatre in Dublin.
Fuji X100S.
See Large.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Dublin/BoxOffice.jpg.html

I rarely get into Dublin city centre these days, but when my wife discovered
that some of the old furs she keeps under the granite entrance steps to the
house had been damaged by damp, I was dispatched urgently to visit a furrier
on Grafton St. - Ireland's premier shopping street.

Not knowing the furrier's location on the street, I suddenly found I had
discovered the street photographer's most important tool - the cloak of
invisibility. How did I find this out? At the time I was dispatched, I had
been wearing gardening clothes, and never bothered changing before I hopped
into the car with the furs. Realising I had parked at the top of the street
rather than the bottom, I shouldered the black plastic bag filled with the
furs and started to walk down the street to the furriers.

As I walked, I realised no one, but no one, was looking at me. In fact most
flickered glances studiously looked away as I approached. I then copped on -
old clothes, a stuffed black plastic bag - I had morphed into a gentleman of
the road. I even had difficulty getting into the furriers!

To add to the amusement, I called into a high end retailer of jewels and
watches, to get a link for my Rolex which has got tighter. It couldn't be me
getting bigger - more likely the watch has shrunk, but reaction from the
assistants as I plonked the plastic bag on the counter was rather guarded
:-)

Anyway, for invisibility, always wear old gardening clothes and carry a
stuffed black plastic bag.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMG: Box Office)