Subject: [Leica] Pender Hummer goodbye
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 22:20:49 -0700

Hi Luggers,
The hummingbird story continues.

 After the Mama feeding the bigger aggressive bird stood up and "fly walked"
around the edge of the nest.

First one side:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hummers2014/6539c.jpg.html>

Then the other:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hummers2014/6546c.jpg.html>

Then he came in close to say good bye to his sibling:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hummers2014/6548c.jpg.html>

And he flew away:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hummers2014/6549c.jpg.html>

I did some internet research and I may have filmed his final departure from
the nest.
According to some sources once they leave the nest Mama teaches them how to
scrounge for food and then they are on their own. I am going to go back
tomorrow
to see if the other baby has left - she tried to fly today - but didn't.

Please look large. C&C always welcome.

Howard

Replies: Reply from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] Pender Hummer goodbye)