Subject: [Leica] Leica R system
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 07:15:29 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Frank Filippone wrote:

Circling back to the original discussion, and based on data we now have on
the S system, comparing it back to the R system, ....   Would Leica have
sold 1200 R10's at prices that would have been 50-100% above the
competition?  There are enough Leica nuts ( myself included) out there that
the answer is most likely ....Yes...... After all, to own an M lens, we
spend 10-20 times the price of mainstream lenses to own the Leica brand....
<<<

I'd have been a likely customer if the R10's color quality was anything like
the DMR's.  From multiple sources who have used several camera systems, the
closest to the DMR outside of digital medium format is Sony and that's still
a fair distance behind.

>>>And with that, a dead horse.

Yup.

Doug Herr