Subject: [Leica] INTERNET CONNECTION!!!!!!! AAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 17:42:57 -0700

Hi  Crew,
I suppose some of you have had a broken internet connection and out of
contact with the world for several days?
"AN ABSOLUTELY MADDENING ENCOUNTER! :-( :-( "

On the other hand it's an illustration of just how "hooked we've become to
the system in this type of communication.!" A few days ago I began getting
messages on the screen "the message couldn't be sent due to...." whatever?"
The computer was first to receive the wrath of Grant! ;-) Only to have
Number one son have a look and say it has nothing to do with the computer!
Then immediately backed-up by his brother Scott who had just arrived in town
to cover a major swimming competition for a week here in Victoria.

They are onto SHAW.CA our provider, only to be told "Yes it is the internet
connection signal and we can't have a technician there until Friday April
4th! AAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK! AGAIN! :-(

I'm writing this on the hope my internet connection will be rock'n & rollin'
tomorrow morning and you'll read it shortly there after?

Actually the writing even knowing it wont go until tomorrow morning (hope is
a form of relieving the building tensions of not receiving nor answering
e-mails. "A CRUEL FORM OF TORTURE!;-)"

I'll click send, the computer screen will show me a little message...."No
can do! No internet connection!" I will sigh in disgust and go pour myself a
fine single malt scotch that will gently pacify my raging communication
nerves one more night!"

Until one suddenly finds themselves completely disconnected for several
days, do we realize that we absolutely live by the internet of constant
communication in business, with friends and family! Oh what did we do when
we were kids?

cheers everyone and if you read this tomorrow you'll know I'm sitting here
with a smile of transmission success! :-) :-)
 Dr. ted :-)

---
protection is active.

Replies: Reply from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] INTERNET CONNECTION!!!!!!! AAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!)