Subject: [Leica] Rippell's Griffon Vultures - the Fuji X - T1
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 06:39:11 -0700

Hi Philippe,
Thanks for looking and commenting. It is perhaps my best bird action picture
to date. :-)
The X - T1 is a very well thought out camera and the picture quality from
the X Trans sensor with the 55 - 200 zoom is exemplary.
Despite the internet reviews raving about its continuous follow focus in my
field trials in Africa I did not find it so great.
About 1/3 of my vulture pictures were soft. If I had been using my Nikon I
would have had a much higher rate of sharp(er) pictures.
That aside - the camera was easy to use - responsive - and I am very pleased
with the results. The EVF is huge and very clear
and very easy to work with. And you won't get a hernia carrying the
equipment along all day!
As you are already a Fuji user you wouldn't have any trouble adapting to the
menu either.
Bests
Howard