Subject: [Leica] M 240 at a wedding/buffer/experience!!
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 09:19:26 +0530

The cheetahs kept running towards Alastair's vehicle throughout the
trip! (-: That said, these are super shots and as good as any I have
seen.

When a cheetah explodes towards a herd, the action is so fast that one
has to chose the direction one follows, rather like a goalkeeper
defending a penalty spot kick in soccer - in this case I chose the
wrong way (I was in another vehicle, parallel to the action), so my
photographs are full of running gazelles. By the time you realize the
mistake, it is generally too late - video is generally easier, because
one is not quite so tight on the animal. Unless the cheetah and prey
are coming towards you, photographing this action sequence is very
difficult

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin) ([Leica] M 240 at a wedding/buffer/experience!!)