Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT: New Mac Pro for photo editing? Also whisk[e]y. -DAS
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:12:59 +0000

The Mac Pro 4,1 (early 2009) is the first with Nehalem (i7) chips. Mine is
nearly 5 years old but the new Pro does not entice me that much, however an
iMac or laptop (I have i7 Air and 17" MBP) is not a suitable replacement for
me either :-( Also the 4 disk eSATA array is far noisier than the
workstation!

john