Subject: [Leica] OT: tripod with fluid head
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 15:03:04 -0800

Thanks for sending these along, Sonny.

Being compact and light are prime ingredients for this application with a
leveling ball-head under the head to make setup reasonable. I was hoping to
find something under $300.

I'm only supporting something like an NEX6 or one of my A7's without the
need to be stable with a long, heavy lens.

I appreciate your taking the time to trace down the links for me!

I have a BIG Manifroto tripod I use but it could mount an old-school video
camera or a big 16mm camera. I'm looking for something I'll be able to take
to Africa but also to do simple still photography. Being compact when
collapsed is important - maybe 3 stage?

Adam

Message from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] OT: tripod with fluid head)