Subject: [Leica] Janin Acres - Sony stitch
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 14:40:21 -0800

This -- http://www.paulroark.com/JA-254-8-Feb22.jpg -- is a shot I took the
other day in an area we like to walk the dog off leash.  I used the Sony
with it's 35mm FE lens.

Four shots, all auto-exposure, captured the information.  The level and
grid lines in the viewfinder help capturing these types of images.  In ACR
I eliminated vignetting.  I also used the exposure adjustment to coordinate
the exposures (in part off-setting the fact that I did not switch to total
manual exposure and have all shots be the same.  In adjusting the exposure
in ACR, I moved the graph's "humps" into a pattern that decreased slightly
going from the bright right side, where the sun was just outside the frame,
to the left side.  Cylindrical stitching in PS CC worked well.  The final
is about 6Kx12K pixels.  To preserve detail, I actually increased the image
resolustion 200% before stitching, then reducing it back 50% after the
stitch.  The PS CC "auto" mode image sizing is great for this purpose.  The
stitching takes about 15 minutes on an i7 with 16 gb ram -- just enough
time to get a snack.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Janin Acres - Sony stitch)