Subject: [Leica] OT - Sony Alpha 7R
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 21:37:54 -0800

That would require calibration of each lens ( maybe they all act the
same????)...

I would think of this as a really good idea, but I also thought a R10 was a
really good idea......

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Frank Filippone wrote:

>If you are focusing at working aperture, what advantage is there to
>native lenses?
>
>I'm not so sure Sony has this thought out......

For those who are interested in such things, native-mount lenses will allow
shutter-priority and program exposure modes, and AF.

Another way to handle focus shift would be to program the lens to tell the
camera how much shift there is at various apertures.  Given this would be a
native-mount lens the camera would know what aperture the lens will be
using.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com