Subject: [Leica] Space Camera...
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 06:48:32 -0800

I am a space nut.  Always was, always will be.  I remember the first Mercury
astronauts getting out of their capsule and being sprayed with an
anti-bacterial chemical in case they came back with those horridly bizarre
space bugs.

In my prior life, I was lucky enough to have worked on a piece of
electronics ( Lunar Gravimeter) that traveled to the moon, and was on the
buggy the astronauts rode around.  When turned on, it promptly failed.  So
much for my personal success on the moon.

However, I have always been interested in the photography of early NASA.
Contarex, Hasselblad, Nikon: I was always impressed in the specialization
and modification of earthly cameras for the rigors of space.

The Westlicht Auction now has a camera from the space program:
http://tinyurl.com/kuvpp8y

It is an example of what NASA thought of as being required to photograph in
the alienness of Space.....

Forget the price, enjoy what was our photographic heritage ... in space....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] Space Camera...)