Subject: [Leica] Yau Leung: Hong Kong's Henri Cartier Bresson
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:20:54 +0000

I had never heard of him, and the Telegraph's selection left me quite cold
and
indifferent, it is after all quite a big claim and one which I felt to be
unsubstantiated. Except perhaps the shot of the parade ground and the one
called
"Naked Humour". The print quality on Guardian site is appalling. Yet even
desoite the poor reproduction of the parade ground shot, it showed a sense of
humour and he had obviously seized the "decisive moment".

BUT the article provides a link to the gallery at:

<http://www.picturethiscollection.com/products/Photography/Photographers_Collections/Yau_Leung/page1/>

Buoyed by the parade ground I followed the link and I am now convinced, very
much so. It really is well worth spending ten or twenty minutes browsing the
site. Yau Leung really is an unsung hero. Absolutely brilliant.

Peter

--

Dr Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Yau Leung: Hong Kong's Henri Cartier Bresson)