Subject: [Leica] Comments Concerning Posted Images
From: drleonpomeroy at verizon.net (Leon Pomeroy)
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 09:44:50 -0500

All: LUG comments on how well others capture images are far ranging,
interesting and mostly helpful. I suspect that one of the more important,
but seldom exercised, observations concerning photography involves what the
photographer was trying to do and how well he or she succeeded. No matter
how spontaneous, when shooting faces and places I'm aware I'm responding
with emotion and purpose. Is it possible that knowing what others think of
how well we did might sharpen our skills consistent with KISS, and the
principle of natural-spontaneity and earned-spontaneity? Should we disclose
what it was we were attempting when posting images for LUG comment. This
would enable others to comment on the degree to which our intention matches
the result which I suspect is useful information. Dr. Leon Pomeroy, Northern
Virginia, USA

Replies: Reply from skalte at icloud.com (Susan Ryan) ([Leica] Comments Concerning Posted Images)