Subject: [Leica] Moonrise over Quartzsite
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 20:52:35 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Neat, fresh POV, nicely done.

Montie

Not quite Ansel Adams, but it was interesting.  These were taken about two
weeks ago in the massive BLM land around Quartzsite where hundreds of
thousands of campers descend on the poor town for a few weeks.

View Large, Please

The moon not quite up yet.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/q/moonrise-7788.jpg.html

I was trying to line up a shot with the trailers we were in, when my
sister-in-law and her dad came around the corner, flashlights blaring and I
got this.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/q/moonrise-7785.jpg.html

What I really wanted was this:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/q/moonrise-7786.jpg.html

but I actually like the first one better.

OK.  moon is up now.  Let's see if I can get stars and moon, too.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/q/moonrise-7731.jpg.html

And I noticed the shadows being cast by the moon, so tried to capture those,
too.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/q/moonrise-7746.jpg.html

It was fun, if not cold.

All exposures about 30 seconds.  The first three I also used a flashlight to
paint the cactus and the trailers.

Comments welcome.

Aram