Subject: [Leica] Testing the Monochrom (2)
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 08:13:49 -0800

I think the rules of previsualization have fundamentally changed..... Or
probably, and more correctly, they have been added to.

 You can decide before you push the shutter, but you can also try things out
later, in the digital world, at home, on your computer, if you used a color
camera.  It is the art of making the image rather than taking the image.
Personally I think it makes us more successful in rendering our emotions of
the moment....past or present.

Ansel made some prints for years... and they differ in contrast, depth, even
the mood over those years.  Is it any different than the digital world?  Our
past and present emotions effect the outcome.

Certainly the MM is a wonderful image maker.  But another $7K?  Of B+W only?
Not for us normal, working class, amateur retirees.

Maybe when the CMOS version of the MM happens and the price of the used, CCD
MM drops to $500.... (two zeros, not three)...

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Missing the colours is not a fault of the MM. It is a decision made in
previsualisation by the photographer and as such is no difference that the
decision to shoot on Kodachrome or Tri-X.

Gerry

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Testing the Monochrom (2))
Message from gwpics at icloud.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Testing the Monochrom (2))