Subject: [Leica] Photorealism
From: lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 22:30:57 -0500

I wonder how thoses among us who feel that the final print is the only
thing that counts, not equipment,  feel about this issue. Photorealism, if
it's limited to the definition Mark found on Google, is pretty much a
printing technique. Some years ago there was a darkroom guide (by
Fenninger?) which suggested that you could turn your photos into artistic
drawings by projecting your negative onto a sheet of drawing paper and
shading in until you had a uniform grey on the paper. Then, by turning off
the enlarger & subtracting out the negative image, you're left with a
positive drawing. The paintings in the article are what I'd call inkjet by
hand. Doesn't apply to Chuck Close, imo.

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Photorealism)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Photorealism)