Subject: [Leica] On retirement
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 12:25:36 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 Brian Reid <reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> wrote;
Subject: Re: [Leica] On retirement

>>  The big secret of a happy retirement is to retire TO something rather
>> than FROM something.

>This is one of the best things I've read on the LUG in quite a while. Thank
>you, Larry. I'm 64 and a number of my peers are retiring. I hadn't been
>able to put my finger on why I didn't want to retire, >but this nails it. A
>week after I no longer have anything to do, I know I will drop dead.

>Brian Reid
======================================================================================================================================================
I'll agree.  While working I never had time to organize my personal
collection of photos, which includes prints, B&W negatives in formats from
Minox to 4x5, 35mm and 6x7 color transparencies, and (mainly architectural)
35mm Stereo Realist slides.

Now I can.

Plus, I'm caretaker to my father's collection of family negatives and prints
from 1941 to the sixties,  his documentation of service in WWII and of
optometry school in the fifties.

It's keeping me busy.

Alan

(Retired)