Subject: [Leica] The 2013 Leica Users Group Yearbook: Two Announcements
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 00:00:12 -0500

The first, naturally, is the availability of the book.

http://store.blurb.com/my/books/4979491-lug-yearbook-2013

121 photographers from around the world have participated in this year?s
volume, the eighth annual issue.  The book is available in a variety of
papers, bindings, etc. to your own taste.  A surcharge  for each book will
be donated to Project H.O.M.E., an organization that provides shelter,
medical attention, and vocational training to homeless individuals.
www.projecthome.org

The second is an end of sorts.  This will be the last LUG yearbook with me
as Editor, Compiler, and General Haranguer.  After eight years I?ve
realized that it?s time to pass the torch.  With a healthy number of
contributors, it?s obvious that the yearbook fills a need for what is
otherwise a virtual group?a tangible, large example of our pictures.  It
just needs a new shepherd, someone who can build on this ongoing annual
tradition.

The LUG Yearbook?s run would have been truncated after a year or two were
it not for Dr. Ted Grant?s enthusiastic cheerleading?and oh-so-subtle
suggestions that a group of photographers might want to submit an image or
two in a timely basis.  Our saloonkeeper, Brian Reid, has been singularly
supportive with his encouragement, the FAQ page for the project, and his
engaging annual essays. I can?t thank Ted and Brian enough for their
friendship and help over these past eight editions.

And I thank every participant from the past eight years.  It?s been a
wonderful experience.

All best,

Jim Shulman

Wynnewood, PA