Subject: [Leica] IMG: Yosemite Falls, two images
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 11:16:48 -0800

Hi Steve,

Well I shot with a VC 35mm f1.2 Nocton, a Noctilux, a 35mm f2.0 sumicron and
a 50mm f2.0 sumicron over the past few days plus a 100mm APO R lens

These all seem to work well for me. For whatever reason I?m a bit
disappointed in the results from the 50mm which seems a bit soft at infinity
but which does well close and in the middle distance. The other lenses seem
to work just fine. Perhaps I?m not critical enough.

The 100 APO is a terrific match to the A7r which makes me think that the
other R lenses might work well also. I have gotten good at the manual
focusing workflow with the Leica lenses.

I just got (as in yesterday) the 55mm Zeis. Maybe I?ve taken a dozen shots
with it. Life has been very busy. I?m waiting for things to calm down and
then I can do some more serious exploration. Perhaps going through the
process of doing custom Lightroom lens profiles. Or not. We?ll see.

The camera handles very well. I?m going to put on a traditional e-mount lens
and see how the camera performs in cropped mode.

Have a good!

Adam

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] IMG: Yosemite Falls, two images)
Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] IMG: Yosemite Falls, two images)